I have been really tired of canned spaghetti sauce. I just don't like it. So we haven't had spaghetti for a long time. But I was in a bind and needed a quick dinner so this is what I came up my own sauce. It was simple and yummy and my whole family LOVED it!
1 lb ground beef
1 quart jar of bottled tomatoes (from my dad's garden in Arizona) (or 32 oz stewed tomatoes)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 small onion chopped
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Saute garlic and onions in a large pot. Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper and brown. Drain fat. In your food processor or blender, puree tomatoes to remove chunks. (My kids are anti-chucks but you may like some chunks...) Add tomatoes to beef. Season with Italian Seasoning. Bring to a boil and simmer with out a lid to boil off excess water from tomatoes. You may want to taste and see if you need more salt or pepper. Serve over spaghetti noodles.
You can also get really creative and add other vegetables like carrots, peppers, or what ever you can think of! I would love to know what you add.
Enjoy!
Oooo! This is excellent! It's just about the same recipe I use! (minus the Arizona garden bottled tomatoes!) I also put some carrots, zucchini, and bell peppers in the blender. (anti chunky kids, too!) Blending up veggies in a sauce is a great way to get some vitamins in to kids! Thanks, A.Men!
ReplyDeleteyummy!!! I am making it tonight!! thanks so much!
ReplyDelete